Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Raiding the hive


This picture reminded me that when I was a child my father used to keep bees. It was a big deal when he "raided" the hives because we would have fresh honey. My mom would always make a pan of biscuits for dinner and we would have biscuits and honey. Now I make the biscuits but we have to buy our honey at the farmer's market. It is still yummy but not the same. Sometimes I think our memories are not that accurate - somethings we remember much better than they were and some thing much worse. Anyway - this picture brought back some good memories.

2 comments:

  1. That's nice, Edie. I wish your mom could read your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did ya'll chew on the honeycomb? (Or, as my 90-year old grandma calls it, "chewing gum", since that's the only kind of "gum" as a kid she knew.)

    ReplyDelete